bioSKILLS aims to:
- Focus on the importance of transferable skills in biology education
- Develop learning goals in numerical competence, dissemination, writing and practical skills in field and laboratory work at course and programme level
- Streamline and link teaching and learning of skills throughout the curriculum
- Focus on the skills training on relevance, methodology and practices - in close relation to biological applications and data.
Our platforms and resources:
- bioST@TS - a web-based platform helping students get a better grip on statistical approaches and increase their numerical competences.
- bioWRITE - a digital resource designed to guide students in their written assignments throughout the biology education, all the way from the first report to the master thesis.
- Teach 2 Learn (TE2LE) - TE2LE actively involves students in the production of short video tutorials in statistics of lab/field/cruise methods.
- bioPRAKSIS/bioPRACTICE - a platform where biology students enrolled in BIO298 - Workplace Practice in Biology communicate on their experience in the form of blogposts.
- The project "Numerical Competence and Student-Active Research" - a new bioCEED project granted by The Olav Thon Foundation. The project focus on developing and extending the learning platform bioST@TS with quantitative methods and tools, and support student participation in research programs that train numerical skills.