bioCEED small grants
bioCEED works to develop, test and document the impacts of new teaching and learning methods in biology. You can now apply for small grants of up to 50 KNOK from bioCEED to support research and development projects in biology education.
Who can apply: Biology teaching staff employed in Norwegian universities and university Colleges. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will also be a call for students to apply for project fund – to be posted on the bioCEED web page very soon!
Submit a written application (1-3 pages) to bioCEED that includes a:
- Project plan (what, why, how and with whom will this project be conducted)
- Budget and milestone plan
- Expected outcomes and dissemination plan (how will experiences be shared)
Evaluation criteria and requirements
bioCEED funds project that
- Focus on student learning
- Promote educational development
- Foster collegial collaboration over educational development
- Plan for implementation in biology courses/programmes
- Document and share findings with relevant audiences
- bioCEED-funded projects must be documented through a short, practical, written report.
bioCEED can contribute
- Funding for direct costs related to educational development projects
- Personnel and competence (educational development, technical support, administrative support, biology teaching competence. Personnel costs must be included in budget)
- Dissemination support
- Seed money to develop larger projects (e.g. FINNUT, SiU, Norgesuniversitetet)
What´s in it for you?
- You can get financial and practical support for teaching and educational development
- You can find new partners for teaching and learning development
- Your work on teaching developments will be documented and shared with others
- You build on your teaching portfolio / CV
Examples of possible bioCEED projects
- Test new learning and/or assessment methods in existing courses
- Test new digital or analog learning tools in education
- Involve students in developing or implementing course activities
- Implement student-active research in education
- Integrate ‘learning-to-learn’ in education
- Test learning outcomes
- Develop and test/use teaching evaluations, peer review, mentoring etc.
- Share your experiences with teaching and educational development in written or oral forms (web forum, published papers, presentations in relevant foras)