bioCEED is seeking a new student representative from UiB.
bioCEED is a Centre of Excellence in Education (SFU) in the field of biology and is a collaboration between Department of Biology at University of Bergen, Arctic Biology at the University Centre at Svalbard (UNIS), the Higher Education Research Unit at University of Bergen and the Institute of Marine Research. bioCEED is funded by NOKUT and the partner institutions. The overarching aim of the SFU arrangement is to contribute to the development of excellent quality in higher education.
bioCEED will work to develop innovative and excellent teaching in biology. Key points in the bioCEED plans are:
- Give students knowledge and experience through linking theoretical knowledge to practical skills and tasks with societal relevance. E.g. by offering internship in research, management and industry.
- Activate and engage students and teachers in the learning process, and develop new learning and assessment methods
- Document, do research on, and spread knowledge of biology teaching and learning
UiB has two student representatives that cooperate with two student representatives at UNIS. The student representatives represent the students in bioCEEDs Steering Group and Board. Representatives are appointed for one year (with option for longer appointment).
Who is eligible to apply?
– You are a student at BIO or MBI
– You are engaged in education and the development of teaching and learning
– You are active in the student community and have a good network of contacts among students
– Experience in student organizations, boards, councils or working groups is an advantage
– Experience as a teaching assistant or similar is an advantage
– Represent the students bioCEEDs Steering group (and Board if applicable), and bioCEED activities
– Be a contact point between bioCEED and students
– Contribute to bioCEED activities and outreach
– Lead the student driven project biORAKEL, and contribute to other bioCEED projects
Application: Write a short text about yourself and your education and experience. Why do you want to be a student representative in bioCEED, and what will be your contribution? Deadline : 1st December 2017. Send application by e-mail to: email@example.com marked Application student representative bioCEED.