WP 4: Align quality assurance, evaluation, goals, practice, led by Higher Education Research Unit, UiB
- Develop quality assurance and evaluation methods that enable the monitoring of progress and spread of ‘best practice’ (see WP1)
- Focus on institutional learning in implementation of The Qualification’s Framework
- Appoint and supervise two PhD students to conduit research on bioCEED activities
- Experiment with and assess selected traditional and new learning methods, e.g., deliberate practice, flipped classroom, open labs, ‘gaming attitude’ in students, teaching-on-demand. Develop new learning methods that link theory and practice across the biological ‘domain’.
- Expand alternative learning methods, and reduce lecturing by 20% relative to 2011.
- Develop quality assurance and evaluation as tools for monitoring progress, recognizing and rewarding excellence, and dissemination of ‘best practice’
- Encourage and conduct learning ‘experiments’, and document and report outcomes