WP 1: A collegial learning culture among teachers, led by Department of Biology, UiB.
- Annual ‘teacher’s retreat’ where teaching, learning, and curricula are discussed. Each retreat will explore a specific theme through presentations, discussions, and group work
- Appoint two adjunct Professors (educational scientists) to provide a conduit for the exchange of new ideas, discuss and evaluate actions, and publish bioCEED findings
- Develop ‘teacher groups’ that share responsibility for education across related courses
- Promote the renewal of teaching skills at all career stages through pedagogic courses and educational ‘sabbaticals’ to exchange ideas and develop curricula
- Develop a web forum for presenting and discussing methods and experience.
- Shift from ‘teaching’ to ‘learning’ perspective in teacher thinking and practice
- Develop a culture of shared responsibility for students, courses, and programmes
- Create physical, social, and virtual ‘spaces’ for sharing experience and ideas